Our Personal Training Studio
EKKO FITNESS was started to solve a local problem. Nowhere in Memphis specialized in personal training. There were plenty of places to go for boot camp or group fitness classes. If you wanted your own personal trainer though, options were limited. You were stuck going to one of the big gyms and rolling the dice. We are happy to say that is no longer the case!
We opened our doors in September of 2012. Since then we’ve helped hundreds of people just like you look and feel the best they have in years. Located in the heart of East Memphis, our studio is dedicated entirely to personal training. It is equipped with everything we need to deliver the best workouts possible. Contact us today to set up your first of two FREE trials!
Our Founder and Personal Training Director
With over 10 years coaching, John Smith brings a level of experience not available at most gyms. Many personal trainers are satisfied with a basic trainer certification. John, on the other hand, believes that education is the cornerstone of great coaching. That’s why he continues to expand his knowledge by getting the top certifications in the industry.
After working at several gyms, John recognized a problem. There are no standards in personal training. Most trainers know just enough to get their foot in the door. Because of this, he created the EKKO Personal Training System. Our proven system can be scaled to any age and ability level.
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
- NESTA Personal Fitness Trainer
- NESTA Fitness Nutrition Coach
- Functional Movement Screen Level 1
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Professional
- American Red Cross CPR, AED, First Aid
- Worked with hundreds of clients in several cities
- Mike Boyle Mentorship Program (former Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Boston Red Sox) – 2013
- Mid-South Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion – 2003
- University of Memphis Football Team Walk-on – Running Back – 1999